No Fuel in cylinder 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fuel in cylinder 1

I have a 2007 50 hp ELPTO 3 cylinder. I have been having problems with idle and slow speeds through no wakes zones, on plane about WOT no problems motor runs like a champ. The motor spits and sputters like it has a miss fire or sucking air. I have checked the timing, replaced plugs 3 times, fogged motor with seafoam, checked ignition, got between 228 and 235 on volt meter and paid for carb rebuild. I have taken the SS prop off and put stock back on and adjusted the carbs by the Mercury Manual. Conducted compression test cyl 1 was 118 cyl 2 was 125 and cyl 3 was 124. I started the motor and pulled cyl 1 plug wire, no change reconnected it and move to cyl 2 removed plug wire and motor fell on it's face and bout died. I reconnected the plug and move to cyl 3 and removed the plug wire, motor had some change but not as drastic as cyl 2. I thought there was no way the carbs were bad I just had them build 2 months ago. So I removed the upper carb and removed the drain plug from the bowl and drained little to no fuel. Middle and lower carbs were good. I stripped the upper carb down to see if there was a blockage somewhere and found nothing. What would cause the upper carb to not get fuel but the other 2 carbs get fuel for the fuel feeds from top to bottom. Any and all help would be great.. Thanks...
Working...
X