Optimax Idling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimax Idling problem

I just purchased a 2000 Champion Bass boat with a 225 hp Optimax.I took the boat into a dealer to have it checked out before actually running it and to replace the waterpump and lower unit oil. I picked up the boat and took it to a lake and ran the boat,it was missing at idle and also died out several times, I took it back and they ran the computer analisis and it only came up with 1 problem and that was the map sensor.I replaced the sensor and ran the boat again , it ran excatly the same (can the ECM be reset or should it be?). I also changed all the filters and spark plugs and am running quickleen and Fuel injector cleaner(both Mercury prodcts) it doesn't seem to be helping ,I am thinking of running a compression test and also a Fuel rail pressure test and possibly cleaning the injectore since it does not show anything wrong on the computer analysis ,let me know if this is a common problem on this motor and the possible remedy ,the motor overheat warning buzzer also sounds off after prolonged idling(hot foot slightly depressed to keep motor from dying).Is this motor covered by warranty anymore? and should I just take it back to the dealer for further troubleshooting ,I don't want to spend a fortune in repair and am hopefully able to get some advice on this situation

Thanks ,

John
Working...
X