9.9 4 stroke grease fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 4 stroke grease fittings

Looking for some details about part number 22-824969 (grease fitting or zerk).
    I broke the grease fitting while greasing the swirl part on my 9.9 4 stroke its all manual tilt. The fitting that broke is the one that gets greased to aid in the turning of the motor on the vertical body of the housing. I wish to get details if I damaged the threads on the housing should I need to re-tap it. Are the threads metric or standard as well what would the thread sizing be on the replacement grease fitting. My motor is 2008 MERCURY 4 STROKE (no power options, none bigfoot )

I'm not sure thread size, when you get new fitting measure it with a thread gauge. Usually can get broken one out with a ez-out and a small amount of heat with a heat lamp, don't use open flame torch to apply heat it could set grease on fire.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Bought part 22-824969 from dealer pricey $8.00 cdn for per fitting. measured fitting for specs its approx 15 mm long and sizing of thread is 6M X 1.0 straight thread which can be purchased at automotive shops for a heck of a lot less than the dealer pricing.

Comment

Working...
      X