Need some old timers for mark 55 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some old timers for mark 55 question

I am in the process of converting a mark 55 from manual to electric start. To do this, it is necessary to replace the bottom cowl with one that has a hole for the electric plug that installs on the left side. I ran one down and was ready to put in it when I noticed that the hole for the internal wire harness plug was
    1 1/4", and the harness i had was a little over 1 1/2". The lower cowl I bought was supposed to have come off of a mark 55, but now i'm not sure what i have. The internal harness that fits a
    1 1/4" hole is proving to be difficult to come by as I'm sure the cable to the remote controls will be. The bolt pattern matches up and everything else appears correct with this lower cowl, but the hole for the internal wiring is proving to be a problem.

Can anyone take a guess as to what is going on or should I dispense with the cowl I have and get another on that will work. I kind of hate to do that as I have already had it powder coated as part of a restoration.

I'm not providing serial numbers because the swivel has already been replaced with a mark 58 swivel some time previously. I don't know the serial number, but from what I can tell, it is a 1957.
Working...
X