1999 Merc 25hp 2 stroke woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Merc 25hp 2 stroke woes

We have what was sold to us as a 1999 25hp 2 stroke with a recently blown trigger coil and possibly other compromised ignition parts. The serial number stamped on the silver button on the port side is 0G248669 though does not seem to help on any of the parts sites.

The number printed on the switch box 18495A9, but shows up as obsolete. I have found a CDI 114-4952A30 that looks similar but am not sure. One source recommended 7452A19 but this looks quite different from what is currently mounted. Also to have been recommended 18495A30, also obsolete.

The trigger coil number printed on the part is 98450-1 CAV A, the replacement part numbers i have been recommended are 98450A5 and 98450A10, though they are close are they close enough???

The current stator part seems to be 86617A17 which I can find and seems to look the same so we have that going for us.

My question is if anyone out there has any definitive knowledge on some of these parts and if they are relatively interchangeable? Should I go for the recommended parts or the ones that look more similar though aftermarket?

We are fortunately located in Paradise in the middle of the pacific, though unfortunately this means we have little access to proper mechanics and parts especially the electrical bits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For starters the relatively current part numbers are

Switch Box 18495A30
    Trigger Assy 98450A 5
    Stator 86617A17

CDI components are fine, also look into Sierra

Comment

Just type your serial number into the search box. Then click on the applicable SN range.

https://public-mercurymarine.sysonli...=englangDB=eng

Quicksilver Mercury - Ignition Module - Part # 18495A30 | eBay

Comment

Working...
      X