Buy Mercury Parts
Buy Mercury Marine Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35hp Mercury Keeps Stalling Help Me Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35hp Mercury Keeps Stalling Help Me Please!!!

35 hp Mercury Mid 1980's I think # 6578930. The Motor would only start at about a quarter of throttle and run but after about a minute it will rev high and stall out, but it does seem that if I give it throttle I can keep it running. So I noticed that the fuel bowl was not all the way primed and had some air about half full when running. so I changed all of the fuel lines, the fuel filter, the gas tank and all the connectors and still the same thing, It will not start and run at the start idel position, so then I tuned the carb up and increased the throttle governor, and I did get it to sart and run in the start idel position but after about a minute or two it revs high and stalls out. so im assuming I over compensated the throttle and carb for a different issue. I am getting some loss of fuel pressure in the lines , the fuel pump or the carb I assume. It sounds great when it runs I just cant figure this out. They do not make a fuel pump for this anymore and im scared to mess whith the carb because they are telling me they don't make parts for it either. I have a huge fishing trip planned with the boys this weekend and not a shop in town can get me in for weeks. this is a very nice low hours motor, Any insight on this fuel system would be helpful I an very mechanically inclined but not a mechanic help me please!!!!!!

You can still get diaphram kit for fuel and carb kits are still available, need to remove and clean both.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X