Buy Mercury Parts
Buy Mercury Marine Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XR6 alarm going off for no apparent reason. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XR6 alarm going off for no apparent reason. Please help.

I have a 2005 Triton TR-186 with a 150 Mercury XR6 that has recently started having an issue with the alarm going off. I noticed a chirping sound that was only happening when I was on plane. I took it to the shop and they couldn't find anything that would cause overheating. RPM's and water pressure were fine so it wasn't the rev limiter. He thought the thermostats may be sticking so he replaced them.

Next trip the chirp was back, only this time it would start at 2000-2500 rpm. Took it back to the shop and the mechanic kept it for a few days and couldn't find anything mechanically wrong. he replaced the alarm assembly thinking it could be defective.

Next trip the sound didn't happen and I thought it was fixed. but the next trip it came back and now it will start at 1000rpm when I barely press the gas. I have linked to a video of the last trip I made. I shut the motor down right after recording this, but if I had gotten into the throttle the sound would be almost constant with an occasional break, so the cadence isn't a straight solid sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIb...ature=youtu.be

Find out if he checked engine temp to see if was overheating when alarm goes off, may need a new water pump and poppet valve checked.
    Have him check oil injection system to see if it is causing alarm
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X