• Show
Clear All

• Sea Pro ME 25ML remote conversion 2012

Manufacturer: Mercury
    Year: 2012
    Model: ME 25ML
    Serial: ON148894
    Component: Remote Steering Conversion

I have a 2012 Mercury Sea Pro (Serial ON 148894) It is a manual start tiller model and from what i understand is actually made by Tahatsu (badged by mercury as a Mercury). I would like to convert to a remote steering model (no need for electric start) It has the external shift lever on starboard side of motor and throttle on tille on port side of motor. Please advise what parts I will need. Thanks!
    Brett
    Last edited by Texas218; 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM.

Re:

Also, I will be setting up steering on a center console, so the remote box needs to be able to mount on the right side of the center console. Thanks!

Comment

Would need
      853824A 1 Steering Link arm
      853800A02 Remote conversion kit
      881170A 4 Side mount control box, manual start, mount either side

and two 897977A__(replace __ with length cable needed)
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Mercury Outboard Parts
      MerCruiser Parts
      Force Outboard Parts
      Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

RE:

Thank you very much. Is there a attachment kit that replaced 853800A02? Boats.net does not have it in stock and several other suppliers I checked are saying its obsolete and not available.

Comment

853800A 1 was oringinal part number and superseded to 853800A02 which is listed as a good number.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Mercury Outboard Parts
          MerCruiser Parts
          Force Outboard Parts
          Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Re: 25 Sea Pro Remote Conversion

For those of you needed to do the conversion on a late model 25/30 hp Merc Sea Pro, the attachment kit for the linkage under the cowl/on the external shift lever IS still available outside the US. The canadian dealers want $400+ for the kit. Talk to your local Tohatsu dealer and you can get the same kit that fits the 2011-12 Tohatsu 2-stroke Manual Start tiller model. I called Mercury and they directly told me to do this. My Tohatsu dealer sold me the kit for $172. Sorry I do not have any part numbers to go with this but they can look the kit up for you.

Comment

Re:

Is there a part that replaced: 853824A 1 Steering Link arm

This part number is no longer available from Mercury according to boats.net

Thanks!

Comment

That part is coming as an international part as well, don't know you couldn't use 41323A 2 for the USA models.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Mercury Outboard Parts
                MerCruiser Parts
                Force Outboard Parts
                Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X