Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariner 20e 6A9 Wiring Help

Hi there,

Can anybody please help with a wiring diagram/or just guidance for an old Mariner 20e 20hp 2 Stroke? It’s a 6A9 model I think something like 1982? Not 100% sure of the year. I believe these motors were actually built by Yamaha.

It didn’t have the controls etc when it was bought, so there is just a plug (7 pin).

I am am hoping to connect up the electric starter motor & a kill switch if possible, both of which I’ll need to buy. I guess I’d need to cut the plug off and figure out which wire is which! Not sure what else runs through the plug?!

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

You can order Yamaha 704-82570-12-00 key switch with kill switch and warning buzzer and a Yamaha 688-82586-50-00 7 pin main harness. It will plug right into your motor and will be all you need.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Great thanks. I’ve been looking and is it correct that the main harness has a 7 pin plug on the motor end, and then an 8 pin plug to match the switch unit on the other end?

Also the only retailers that I can find are all US based, are you aware of any UK sellers that might stock the main harness?

thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Yes 7 pin engine and 8 pin key switch. No I don't of any place in UK but I would think any Yamaha outboard dealer would be able to get it.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X