#1 cylinder not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 cylinder not firing

Bought a used boat with a 2005 mercury 90elpto .All cylinders have 90psi compression ,Changed spark plugs and wires ,cleaned carbs ,installed new fuel lines,Swapped #1 and #2 coils,still have no spark,Can be caused the ignition trigger under the flywheel ?

Bump! Does anyone know if the ignition trigger under the flywheel would cause this? thanks

Comment

You would need to get the service manual for your model/serial number motor, depending on serial number there was different ignitions system used and have different test procedures. If it is the older style CDI ignition then yes could be trigger coils or switch box which could be tested with a peak reading voltmeter or a digital meter using a DVA adapter.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Mercury Outboard Parts
      MerCruiser Parts
      Force Outboard Parts
      Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

It is a 2005 mercury 90elpto ,ser# ib200016 ,3 cylinder 90 h.p.does any body have specs for this motor ? or where I can get a good service manual ?

Comment

If you look on this site under the Mercury Genuine parts link up at the top right hand corner and find your 90HP engine and serial number you will see parts listed as service material, there you can find your service manual for purchase. Boats,net can verify you have the correct part number for your serial number as they did for me when looking for my service manual. You want the service manual not the owners manual. As I look at your serial number IB200016 I would say it should be part number 830234R04, but you will want to verify that. Is this a 2 stroke carb, 2 stroke DFI. That will tell you where to locate your serial number. The part number I gave here was a 2 stroke carb engine.
          Last edited by dray0151; 08-13-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

thank you I will look

Comment

Working...
            X