Buy Mercury Parts
Buy Mercury Marine Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tilt motor works but lower unit does not go all the way up. Then slowly goes down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt motor works but lower unit does not go all the way up. Then slowly goes down.

75 hp 4 stroke Merc outboard. Hello. When I try to tilt my lower unit up, the motor works, and it goes up about 12 inches. Then it slowly sinks back down. I don't notice any fluid leaking. I don't think I can check the fluid level because the unit has to be all the way up. There is some fluid in there. It is full when the lower unit is down. Thank you very much!

Check that the manual release screw is closed all the way, try to tilt rest of way up by hand and set the tilt lock so it will stay up. Check fluid level with it tilted all the way up.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Mercury Outboard Parts
    MerCruiser Parts
    Force Outboard Parts
    Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you very much. Do you happen to know where my manual release screw is located? I don't see anything that looks like it could be it. (they won't let me attach a pic). Thank you again!....

Comment

Manual release is the screw on bottom port side of trim unit, there is a hole in transom bracket to access screw.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Mercury Outboard Parts
        MerCruiser Parts
        Force Outboard Parts
        Mariner Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X